PhotoWalk and PhotoCamp @ BarCamp Vancouver

This weekend is BarCamp Vancouver and I’ll be heading up a PhotoWalk on Friday night and a PhotoCamp on Saturday. Here’s some shots from last years late night photowalk at BarCamp. If you’re interested in photography, cameras, or just want to talk a cool walk through East Van… it would be great to see lots Read More …

BarCamp Vancouver Information and Details

BarCamp Vancouver is this Friday and Saturday. I’m one of the organizers and will be hosting my 5th PhotoCamp. If you live near Vancouver and use the internet you should come to this event. It will be fun. You will learn a lot. You will mean a lot of awesome people. You unfortunately will not Read More …

Burnkit Website Reboot

My buddies over at Burnkit, the hottest web design and creative services firm in Vancouver, launched their new website today… and it’s smokin’. They are a part of a bunch of boutique design agencies that are participating in a web redesign contest called May 1st ReBoot. The site features video embedded in Flash and lots Read More …

Working with Other Vancouver Fashion Photographers

(this has been cross-posted from my fashion photography blog) We've really been learning a ton about flashes, strobes and studio lighting for fashion photography in the past year and one of the main avenues for my education has been assisting other working photographers on their creative projects. Recently we had the chance to go to Read More …

Austin Invasion: SXSW is Just Around the Corner

With Northern Voice behind me it’s time to finalize preperations for my trip to Austin Texas for SXSW (thats South by Southwest for the uninitiated) 2007. Last year SXSW was huge for us at Bryght. We had a booth, thew a great party with Raincity, Blue Flavor and NewsVine, and drummed up a bunch of Read More …

Who’s Coming to PhotoCamp at Northern Voice?

(Cross-posted from my fashion photography blog over at www.staticphotography.com) This is a very exciting week for me as I prep with the rest of the organizing team for Northern Voice 2007 and MooseCamp.. I'm going to be leading a PhotoCamp as a part of the event and am wondering who else will be there? Didja Read More …

Fashion Photoshoot for Discollection

Kdon over at Discollection is an amazing designer and stylist. I've been using her for lots of Static Photography shoots lately and was even more impressed than usual in the job she did styling the Ashley-Rae photoshoot with awesome designer vintage clothes from her store.

Web Directions North – SXSW in Vancouver?

I’ve been overdue in posting about the upcoming Web Directions North coming to Vancouver February 6-10th, but 2007 is upon us and it’s just around the corner and I’m getting really excited. The combination of amazing speakers, fantastic location, and after-hours events will make Web Directions North about as good as a conference can be. Read More …

Important Northern Voice Updates – Registration Open and Speaker Submissions Closing

Hey there guys. We’ve been scrambling to pull together the plans for our 3rd Northern Voice personal publishing conference here in Vancouver. There are a couple important announcements from the past few days that I wanted to pass along. The deadline for prentations, panels, and speakers has been extended to December 1st. You don’t have Read More …