Here’s a year-end wrap-up post I made over on my StaticPhotography.com blog…
Before running headfirst into 2009 we wanted to take a minute and reflect on all the awesomeness that was 2008 for us here at Static Photography . Let's start by saying this has been one of the most exciting and diverse years ever in terms of the projects we've been able to work on.
Over the past 12 months we made time to raise money and volunteer hours for charity, organize the photography for Vancouver Fashion Week and BC Fashion Week , attended the summer Olympics in Beijing, and had photographs published in National Geographic just to name a few. Some highlights of 2008 include:
Three times this year Static shot for the Arson catalog. The shoots are always a blast and we always get some great shots for them. Keep a look out for the Spring 2009 looks from Arson comin out soon and check out Spring 08 and Fall/Winter 08 to see our work.
Static Photography's Kris KrÃ¼g exhibited photographic works at no less than 4 shows this year., check out the blogs to get all the details.
- Timeraiser was an art auction where the guests bid with volunteer hours for their favourite local charities. Kris's photo sold for 100 hours and contributed to the 6000 hours raised that night!
- Body Language Exhibition – Photos and videos showing the art and discipline of movement were shown at the interurban Gallery.
- The Art of Giving was an auction for charity at the new ORB clothing store in Kits. Money raised went the the buyers choice charity.
- The Cheaper Show was in its second year and it was a huge success again. Art lovers lined up around the block for the chance to get great art at a great
In terms of publications, we spent a lot of time this year working with big, international magazine and hope to continue to have the opportunity to shoot with more world class names in the future. A few highlights include:
- Rolling Stone – He shot Jack White and the Racounteurs when they were playing in Vancouver for Rolling Stone.
- National Geographic – At Pop!Tech 2007 Kris got a photo of Zinhle Thabethe that was then published in Nationial Geographic Feburary 08.
- New York Press– While at SXSW Kris got some great shots of R.E.M and one of Micheal Stipe made front cover of the New York Press.
Throughout the year Kris had photos published in Canadian fashion and music magazine ION and took the position of Online Editor this summer.
We also had the opportunity this year to participate in both Vancouver Fashion Week and BC Fashion Week in the role of Director of Photography for both events. Check out therunway images over at Flickr. Vancouver Fashion Week – Spring/Summer 09 BC Fashion Week – Spring/Summer 09 Vancouver Fashion Week – Fall/Winter 08
August 2008 was the Summer Olympics in Beijing, China and Kris was there representing Static Photography . His photographs from the event are beautiful and unique and he had two photo essays fromt he Olympics published in the LA Times . Steets of Beijing and Faces of Beijing . Check out the photos on Flickr.
2008 kicked a whole lotta ass and 2009 shows no signs of slowing down. We just booked our tickets for New York Fashion Week in February. w00t! 🙂 Thanks to all our friends and family for your ongoing love and support.